Since not everyone needs to own the latest and greatest smartphones available on the market, companies like Samsung also create and release lower-end models with more affordable price tags. That is the case with one of the newest phones that the Korea-based tech giant outed recently in India called the Galaxy M20. It’s actually scheduled to be released in that country later today, and wouldn’t you know it? It’s also going to be sold here in the Philippines.
The Samsung Galaxy M20 is an attempt to serve the market of mobile gamers as well as those who rely on their smartphones for literally all day and night. Its main features include a massive 5,000mAh battery, a large “Infinity V” display, an ultrawide dual camera setup at the back, and 3x fast charge technology.
Many of the Galaxy M20’s features are to be expected of any mid-ranger sold today. And it is, of course, running the Android OS.
Here’s a quick look at the Samsung Galaxy M20’s features:
- 6.3-inch FHD+ LCD screen @ 409 PPI
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core 64-bit Exynos 7904 processor
- Mali-G71 MP2 GPU
- 3GB or 4GB RAM
- 32GB or 64GB internal storage
- microSD card support up to 512GB
- Rear cam: 13MP f/1.9 + 5MP f/2.2 ultra wide lens with auto-focus and LED flash
- Front cam: 8MP f/2.0 camera
- 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 5.0
- 4G LTE data
- Built-in fingerprint sensor
- Face unlock
- USB-C connectivity
- 5,000mAh battery with 15W fast charge
- Android 8.1 OS with Samsung Experience 9.5 Skin
- Colors: Charcoal Black and Ocean Blue
A few days ago, some eagle-eyed Lazada shoppers managed to spot the Galaxy M20 on the ecommerce website’s pages with what could be its official retail price here in the Philippines. It was set at Php 10,990, and that could likely be the official SRP for the phone model once it gets launched later indeed. We’ll keep you posted and provide more details as we get them.