Online streaming is serious business. So serious, in fact, that traditionally hip gamer-centric companies like Razer are starting to offer professional-grade equipment to serve the needs of streamers. Earlier this week, the company announced the Seiren X, a USB condenser mic that comes with a built-in shock mount to give users the freedom to do whatever they need to do on stream without needing to worry about unwanted feedback on their microphone.
The Razer Seiren X comes with 25mm condenser capsules for enhanced recording sensitivity. It’s also designed to be compact and highly portable, so it uses a removable desk stand that’s easy to pack and bring with you on the go.
According to Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder and CEO, they took a hard look at what streamers really needed in making the Seiren X. They took opinions from some of the world’s top streamers in creating it, and they aimed to produce something worthy of professional use while also remaining accessible to beginners.
Here’s a quick look at the Seiren X’s key features:
- Ultra-Precise Pickup Pattern – Reduces unwanted noise
- Shock Resistant – Inbuilt shock mount that dampens vibrations
- Compact Form – Keeps the attention
- Condenser Microphone – To pick up a greater range of sound frequencies
- Zero Latency Monitoring – For zero audio lag
- Sized for Portability – For streamers on the go
- Power required / consumption: 5V 100mA
- Sample rate: min 44.1kHz / max 48kHz
- Bit rate: 16bit
- Capsules: Ø25mm condenser capsules
- Polar patterns: Super-Cardioid
- Frequency response: 20Hz–20kHz
- Sensitivity: 17.8mV/Pa (at 1kHz)
- Max SPL: 110dB (THD < 1% at 1kHz)
- Impedance: ≥ 16Ω
- Power output (RMS): 125mW (at 32Ω)
- THD: < 0.5% (at 1kHz)
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: ≥ 85dB
No word yet on when exactly the Seiren X is scheduled to arrive in the country, but you can expect to buy it at only Php 6,199. Check out the source link below for more info.